Sep 16, 2011

Batting 1000

So, another week has gone by and…
1.         M-Daddy (aka Honey Badger) and I are still texting like crazy…
2.       We’re still talking on the phone for hours on end…
3.       We’re completely smitten with each other… (pause, smile, *sigh*)

LOL… I don’t want to go all mushy on you, but I can’t help it. We both absolutely can’t wait for me to get there so we can turn our “virtual” relationship into a real one.

With all the texting we’ve been doing, we’re about to hit a very important milestone.  My phone counts the number of texts and we’re about to reach 1000.  That officially makes us giddy little teenagers since it took us less than three weeks to get there. :)  And, of course, as the days/weeks go by, the texts are getting flirtier and flirtier (tee hee).  I don’t think I’ve ever texted with someone so much, but it feels very natural – and it’s giving us a great way to get to know each other very well before we meet.  First dates are usually awkward, filled with small talk about the weather and home towns, but our first date will be completely comfortable, and we’ll be able to focus on enjoying the fact that we’re not 3000 miles away from each other anymore.  For all of you who are wondering, we’ve set very clear ground rules for that first date, you know, because it is a first date and all (no sex, but making out is totally acceptable… LOL) 

Speaking of crazy texting… my parents had a wonderful time when they came to visit (I use that segway because my mom is an expert texter).  We went to wine country, which they really enjoyed (although they didn’t drink much and I was the one driving – go figure).  We did a little sightseeing in San Francisco, which they also enjoyed.  But, most of all, my mom loved the endless opportunities to play Scrabble with me on my iPad.  As we were playing a game, my mother (let me clarify… my straight-laced, doe-eyed, good Catholic mother), proudly spelled out SEXT and said “it’s like a text.”  Holy crap!  How does she know that???  I immediately picked up my phone to text M-Daddy about that (because, of course, we were texting all through the game). He said that maybe she was fishing to see if I was sexting with my “boy toy,” but I was convinced that she probably didn’t even know what a sext was (she probably just heard the word on the news).  Later that night, I mentioned to her that I was impressed that she knew what a sext was, and this was her response…

“Yes, a sext is like a sexton, you know, at church.”

Oh. My. God.

OK, so I was right… my straight-laced, doe-eyed, good Catholic mother did NOT know what a sext was.  Naturally, for the next few days, every time she asked me a question, I answered her with “it’s just like a sext.”  I really hope she doesn’t find out what it actually is… she may start to ask questions about my endless texting marathons with M-Daddy (tee hee).

So, tomorrow marks the start of my last two weeks in San Francisco.  It’s going by fast – especially since I’ve still got packing to do and I’m absolutely crazy at work with two big projects that are due before I leave.  I guess flirty texts will have to hold me over until I actually get there and I’m able to give my sexy Honey Badger a big hug and kiss.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment