Dec 10, 2011

Nuts and bolts…

So, I’m sure you’re all wondering how I fell for this guy!  Being sweet and romantic does go a long way… here were some of the things that he said to me:

Sensuality is important to me some of my favorite things are the salty taste of lobster simmering in a beurre blanc sauce, the smell of the ocean mixed with suntan lotion on a summer day, the cool, velvety softness of well-worn cotton sheets on a hot summer night, the gentle touch of a lover, the beauty of a home which has been designed to be inviting and welcoming, the sound of leaves rustling beneath your feet in the Fall.

When in a relationship, I am quite content to be at home working on a project or help with cooking dinner or relaxing with my partner. My lifestyle is usually relaxed and pretty quiet. I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert,  however, I can hold my own at any social function.

If you ever feel lost.... just follow the path of your heart, and at the end of the path you will find me waiting for you with open arms.

You are a blessing that my entire being is very thankful for.

Romantic, yes… load of crap, yes…

The whole lie was fairly complex… his “mom” came to the states to visit and then stayed to watch his son when he got a contract that he had to leave for on short notice last week.  For as complex as his story was, the story that he created when he asked for money was pretty pathetic… here’s the abbreviated version:

He got an invitation to interview for a contract in England – he went there and won the contract that would be for two weeks.  He was given part of the money for the contract work up front from the company (Morrison’s Petrol Station) so he was able to hire laborers and get supplies to replace old pipes on an oil rig.  He got all the supplies he needed… there were long 40’ sections of pipe and special nuts and bolts to put everything together.  He got everything he needed, but was short one nut and bolt. These were special nuts and bolts that cost $1000 and that’s where he needed my help, since he was short one nut and bolt and was now out of money. Blah, blah, blah.

$1000 for a nut and bolt?  Really?? Even though I had fallen for this guy, that story just sounded utterly ridiculous!

So there you have it… this fake romance went from the smell of the ocean mixed with suntan lotion to a $1000 nut and bolt.  And I’m back to square one… again!  OK, seriously, all I want is to go on some first dates so I can wear my awesome shoes – is that really asking for too much?

1 comment:

  1. I read the pages that you linked to in your last post - and if that is the same guy I would that wrote this I would be surprised. His spelling and grammar shown on that website are atrocious. He must have copied and pasted that romantic drivel. And to be honest and a lot more suspicious than you - that email would've sent up my radar way before a 1,000$ nut & bolt. It is a bit over the top.

    Glad you didn't fall for it. And I hope you find happiness with someone who appreciates your taste in footwear. :D He's out there. I know it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete