Dec 20, 2011

Filling up my social calendar

Whew!  What a weekend!

I had not one… not two… but three dates this past weekend.  In a nutshell it was three dates, two guys and one good connection.

Everything started earlier in the week.  Crocs and I had coffee one morning and tentatively made plans for a date on Friday night.  During that time, I also started talking via email to another guy – I’ll call him Swing (this will be explained later) who seemed like a really nice guy.  Friday ended up being a busy day for me – I had a phone date scheduled for 6:00 to get to know Swing and a date at 8:00 with Crocs.  Boy, I’m big pimpin’ now, aren’t I? ROFL!

So the date with Crocs was nice.  We went to a pretty casual restaurant where I had an oyster for the first time (and surprisingly, it wasn’t as totally gross as I thought it would be).  We chatted over wings and sangria and then tried to figure out what to do next.  He asked if I would be up for going to listen to some live music somewhere and the young (most likely underage) girl in the next booth over spun around and told us to go to “The Big Buddha” since that’s where everyone goes – apparently this is where they were all going too.  So off to The Big Buddha…

We walked in, then walked out…

So, yes, they had a great band playing – that wasn’t the issue.  The issue was that they were playing so loud that Crocs and I couldn’t even hear each other when we asked “do you think it’s too loud in here?” If we just wanted to chill out and listen to the music, the place would have been great.  But we actually wanted to, oh, you know, speak to each other.  So off we went in search of another option.

We did find another place that had a band, but they also had an outside patio where we could enjoy the music and actually carry on a conversation – of course, we were out there with every chain smoker in the place, but we managed to find a table off to the side that wasn’t in the direct line for the cloud of second-hand smoke.  We had a beer and talked for about another hour.  I did find out that he actually isn’t divorced yet… they’re trying to figure out all the logistics and timing for that.  I was already a little concerned that he might have had a bit too much baggage for me, and this just added an extra piece.  I’d kept it at a fairly casual relationship all along, which I’m glad I did. 

So on to the rest of my weekend…

During my phone date with Swing, I found out that we’re both looking for someone that we can enjoy being with and do fun things together.  He’s taken dance lessons in the past, but his ex was overly critical of everything he did, so the only part of the dance lessons he liked was when he got to dance with other people.  He enjoyed the swing dancing classing (hence the name Swing) and he said that it’s something he would like to do with someone that would just enjoy the fun of it.  Admittedly, he’s not very good at it, but I probably wouldn’t be either – but I bet we’d have a blast just doing it and trying not to step on each other’s toes.

Anyway, so we spent about an hour and a half on the phone and then made plans for a date on Saturday night.  We met at a Mexican restaurant that he’d heard about but had never been to (plus, he gets extra points for mentioning that he saw that I liked Mexican on my online profile).  We spent four hours (yes, four hours) at the restaurant just talking.  We definitely hit it off very well! ;)  We both talked about what had been lacking in past relationships and what we want in a new relationship.  We both want to be happy, we both want someone who is down to earth, and we both want someone that we can laugh, smile and just have fun with.  The Saturday night date went so well that we ended up having another date on Sunday night. 

As for the shoes, I did dress up a bit on Saturday night with a cute top, cargo capris and the brown military inspired heels in the third picture down.  Those are pretty powerful shoes so I knew I must wield that power carefully.  I would say they worked well based on the four hour date… Date #2 on Sunday got the black suede wedge heels with the little ankle strap (formerly known as the “stand in secret weapons”).  I am happy to report that he does enjoy the sexy shoes and he’s looking forward to seeing more of my collection…

So , what’s he like?  He’s 47, he’s tall and thin with blonde-ish hair.  He manages a warehouse for a chemical company and has a side business doing home inspections.  He doesn’t have kids (he had a step son with the ex, but he’s 23).  So we’ve now officially gone from Crocs, who had a lot of baggage, to Swing who has very little baggage.  The last tie Swing has to his ex is the house that they’re in the process of selling.  Once that’s done, all ties will be cut.

Next weekend is Christmas, so both of us will be spending time with family (his parents and brothers are all local). We both have the day after Christmas off, so we've made plans to spend that day together.  We may go to the beach, where we can just relax and maybe catch a nice sunset. 

Now it’s time to enjoy the holiday season… My parents are so happy that I’m here with them, plus now, I have someone to kiss on New Year’s Eve.  What could be better???

No comments:

Post a Comment