Dec 27, 2011

In Full Swing

It’s been 17 days since the first “wink” and 10 days since our first date (you know, that 4 hour date), and Swing and I are still going strong. :)  We’re at that fun, beginning stage of the relationship where we spend time with idle chit chat as we get to know each other… oh, and we make out for hours on end! 

We spent a nice time together on the Friday before Christmas, then both had family time on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We got some time to ourselves and spent wonderful day together the Monday after Christmas.  We spent time in the Downtown area of the city – having lunch and walking along the water.  Then we headed off to the beach where we had a beautiful drive and then scouted (with no luck) to find a place to park so we could walk on the beach.  After waiting in lines of cars waiting for someone to leave a public parking spot (and doing a little making out while we waited), we gave up and started to head back. We stopped for some ice cream and listened to a guy playing a guitar… just a nice, relaxing, sunny, warm Florida day! 

We did finally get a little “beach time” in on the way back… I pulled into what I thought was a spot, but it was a no parking zone, so we just say for a while by the rocks and listened to the waves as I watched to make sure Florida’s finest didn’t try to generate a little extra revenue for the state by giving me a ticket.  LOL  Hey, at least I got to enjoy the beach even though I didn’t actually get my feet wet.

We wrapped up the evening by making a nice dinner – I must say that my cooking skills are really looking pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.  I have always thought of myself as an OK cook, but I’ve made three awesome dinners that turned out pretty good (I guess all that making out is doing some good!)  We’ve got plans for New Year’s Eve, so we’ll be ready to officially start off the new year right!  2012 is looking pretty good to me and I can’t wait to see what happens next…

In other news, a good friend of mine sent me a link to her website for jewelry – check it out and show her some love!


I’ve been on it a few times and have already seen a couple of necklaces that have caught my eye!  Now that I’m going out more, I need to make sure the accessories collection is just as complete as the shoe collection!  A girl’s gotta look good, right? 

And speaking of going out more (LOL), I did check out some local dance studios to see about lessons.  You’ll remember that Swing got his name because he did enjoy taking dance lessons in the past (enjoyed the lessons, yes; enjoyed the partner at the time, no).  So I found a place that looked cool and bought a four class pass that we can share – so two classes that we attend together.  I figured that it would be a good way to ease into it and see if we like the place.  It turns out that it was the same place that he used to go to (slightly awkward), but now with his new partner (me!), hopefully it will be a much better experience.  Now I just have to find a pair of heels that not only look good, but that I can dance in too! 

I hope all of you have a wonderful, happy and safe New Year’s… here’s to an amazing 2012! :)

1 comment:

  1. OH! Swing dancing! How fun. :)

    Tony would love to go dancing. If only he wasn't married to me, who does the perfect impression of Elaine from Seinfeld. :)

    ReplyDelete