Nov 28, 2011

A leap of faith…

I know I haven’t updated in a while, so I figured I would let you all know why.

First, everything is still going well with the guy I mentioned in the last post (Mr. Cheers).  He will go down as the most polite, romantic and sweet guy I’ve ever known.  We’re enjoying getting to know one another, but for the first time since starting this blog, I kind of want to be a little more private about this one.  I think it’s because he is so polite and sweet – it doesn’t feel right to broadcast all the nitty gritty details all over cyberspace (LOL).

I will tell you a little about him because I’m sure you’re dying to know… He is 45 (just a few years older than I am, which is perfect) and he has a 4-yr old son.  He’s a widower who was married for 6 years and has been on his own for about 4 years now.  He was raised by his mom in South Africa and has traveled around quite a bit – partly for his job… partly because he loves to travel.  From what he tells me, he’s had some pretty awesome experiences in his life.

He’s completely unlike anyone I’ve ever dated before – which, come to think about it, is a good thing.  I’ve had my share of non-committal, non-working, non-affectionate and non-truthful guys (some of which, pretty recently), so the idea of having someone who’s a little old fashioned when it comes to relationships sounds kind of nice.  Hence, why I’m feeling a little old fashioned about this relationship too (aka no broadcasting).

Anyway, I’m going to leave it at that.  I will keep you posted if I have, in fact, found my “sole mate.” If not, I’ll be back in full swing… If yes, then I’ll probably start a new blog because this is fun!  Oh, and by the way, I did just get a delivery of some shoes today that I ordered online… 1 pair of ballet flats and 1 pair of mid-heel sandals.  I guess all this talk about being a bit old fashioned has tamed me down a bit – that, or I just figured I’ve got enough great heels to keep me (and Mr. Cheers) busy for a while. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds promising. And the fact that he's widdowed makes a difference. May be kind of twisted, but he knows the "death to us part" aspects of relationships.

    And a four year old? How incredibly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been hard for him to lose his wife when his son was still an infant.

    But, as Julianna says - 4 year olds are fun!

    ReplyDelete