Oct 21, 2011

Or maybe they are what they seem...

Ups, downs… and ups again.

After a few conversations early in the week, M-Daddy and I both agreed that we wanted to give it one more shot.  We had such great conversation over the past six weeks and neither one of us wanted to dismiss that.  So we agreed on a second date over drinks… no buildup… no hype… just a normal date.

I guess that, and a pair of stand in “secret weapons,” was the magic formula that we needed.

So, yes, I bought a new pair of shoes.  Not for him – they were for me.  I really wanted to feel good on this date and I knew that heels were the way to go.  Not just any heels… I needed something that made me feel cool, sexy and hot, all at the same time.  I had flats for date #1 – you feel cute in flats.  I needed heels for date #2 – I didn’t need to feel cute, I needed to feel hot (purely to give me a little “home field” advantage).  A quick trip to DSW took care of that with the addition of the “stand in secret weapons” to my shoe collection.  The rest of the outfit was simple – skinny jeans, black tank top and a khaki cardigan (which matched the black and khaki colors of the shoes LOL). Even though I had rockin’ shoes, the whole outfit felt casual, yet sexy. I must say that I felt much more comfortable than I did in the outfit from date #1 (which was never my first choice for date attire – it was just the best of the limited choices I had at the time thanks to my stuff not being here).

We met at the same center as before, but we went to Outback instead to have a nice glass of wine.  He had a meeting after work, so we knew it would be a later date, so drinks just felt better (plus it was a “school night” since we both had to work early the next day).  He got there and we found a nice spot on the side of the bar where it was a bit quieter.  We enjoyed some wine and just had good conversation for about two hours – it was nice, and exactly what we needed. 

Honestly, keeping all that buildup out of the date let us just get to know each other.  Our “virtual” selves had six weeks to get to know each other (and boy, did they ever get to know each other!), but our real selves were just starting out.  I knew that I liked him and I wanted to see where this would go since we had shared so much already.  A nice, low-key date where we could start to get to know each other was perfect.

After our drinks, we had another make out session in the parking lot that was more involved then date #1.  This time, we were both much more into it and since we already knew what to expect.  This was no “end-of-first-date” kiss… this was an “I-really-like-making-out-with-you” kiss and neither of us wanted to stop…

When we did finally stop (which we kind of had to since we were in a public parking lot and all), we bid each other good night.  He reached out to me the next morning to let me know that he felt much better about the date and that he wanted to let this progress naturally (and also that he really liked the shoes). ;)  We’ve got another date planned for next Saturday (he’s got his son starting tonight, so this will be a nice “cooling off” week to let him think about how much he wants to make out with me again LOL).  I think we’re going to try our “spicy challenge” over something wings or curry… that should be fun.

Anyway, this gives me time to get my stuff (which should be here in the middle of next week), unpack a bit and then have date #3.  They say third time is a charm, not that the second time was bad at all…  We’ll see what next Saturday brings, and hopefully, I’ll have my entire shoe collection to choose from when picking out what to wear.  Hmmm… what shoes go good with spicy food? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Is he dating you or your shoe collection? heehee

    I am glad you had a great second date, truly - but is it me or are you more concerned [as is he] with what you have on your feet than what comes out of [his &] your mouth?

    The flats didn't go so well. . .but the pumps did? Or am I just missing the metaphors/analogies here?

    Great luck next week. I hope it works out exactly the way you want.

    ReplyDelete